Have you struggled with teaching kids about friendships? Making friends (and keeping them) are important life skills to have. Here are some simple ways to help teach your child about being a good friend. We at Kids Activities Blog know the importance of friendship because the only way to have a friend is to be a friend.
Having good friends makes you happy. Friendships can be developed within families, in neighborhoods, in schools, and even over the internet. Being a good friend is not a skill that kids just pick up from hanging out with other children on the playground. Developing friendships takes a lot of work (both by parents and kids), but can be one of the most rewarding things to happen in a child’s life. How can we teach kids about friendship? 1. Clearly explain what good friends do. Good friends…
- Remember important things (birthdays, accomplishments, etc.)
- Are reliable.
- Do kind things for one another and use kind language.
- Help out when a friend is sad or has a problem.
- Like to spend time together.
- Have fun with one another.